The founder of Exec-to-Exec English is Mr. Dave Tryon. Mr. Tryon founded Exec-to-Exec English with the mission of enabling executives and senior managers who are not native speakers of the English language to become more successful and effective when using business English.
- was previously Vice-President in IBM’s Global Services business for over 12 years, and had a total of over 30 years of management experience with IBM.
- had responsibility for over 40,000 Information Technology professionals with budget responsibility for several hundred million dollars
- has extensive experience in cross-cultural corporate negotiations
- has published many invention disclosures and technical papers, including publication in scientific journals such as the IBM Journal of Research and Development.
- has extensive experience working with Japanese business colleagues throughout his career, often providing mentoring to help them improve their business English and leadership skills.
- worked as a manager for an IBM laboratory in Japan for 5 years and lived with his family in the Shibuya section of Tokyo. He has been married to his wife Louise for 29 years, and they have 2 sons.